Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Features:||Simple ON/OFF Control, No Loop Compensation Needed||Features2:||Selectable Current Limit Through BP/M Capacitor Value|
|Features3:||Higher Current Limit Extends Peak Power Or, In Open Frame Applications, Maximum Continuous Power||Features4:||Lower Current Limit Improves Effi Ciency In Enclosed Adapters/chargers|
|Features5:||Allows Optimum TinySwitch-III Choice By Swapping Devices With No Other Circuit Redesign|
P1015AP06 Integrated Circut First Circuit Board ShortCircuit Protection
Self-Supplied Monolithic Switcher for Low StandbyPower Offline SMPS
The NCP1015 integrates a fixed−frequency current−mode controller and a 700 V voltage MOSFET. Housed in a PDIP−7 or SOT−223 package, the NCP1015 offers everything needed to build a rugged and low−cost power supply, including soft−start, frequency jittering, short−circuit protection, skip−cycle, a maximum peak current set−point and a Dynamic Self−Supply (no need for an auxiliary winding).
Unlike other monolithic solutions, the NCP1015 is quiet by nature: during nominal load operation, the part switches at one of the available frequencies (65−100 kHz). When the current set−point falls below a given value, e.g. the output power demand diminishes, the IC automatically enters the so−called skip cycle mode and provides excellent efficiency at light loads. Because this occurs at typically 0.25 of the maximum peak value, no acoustic noise takes place. As a result, standby power is reduced to the minimum without acoustic noise generation.
Short−circuit detection takes place when the feedback signal fades away e.g. un−true short−circuit or is broken optocoupler cases. Finally soft−start and frequency jittering further ease the designer task to quickly develop low−cost and robust offline power supplies.
For improved standby performance, the connection of an auxiliary winding stops the DSS operation and helps to consume less than 100 mW at high line.
• Built−in 700 V MOSFET with typical RDS(on) of 11
• Large Creepage Distance between High−voltage Pins
• Current−mode Fixed Frequency Operation: 65 kHz − 100 kHz
• Skip−cycle Operation at Low Peak Currents Only: No Acoustic Noise!
• Dynamic Self−Supply, No Need for an Auxiliary Winding
• Internal 1 ms Soft−start
• Auto−recovery Internal Output Short−circuit Protection
• Frequency Jittering for Better EMI Signature
• Below 100 mW Standby Power if Auxiliary Winding is Used
• Internal Temperature Shutdown
• Direct Optocoupler Connection
• SPICE Models Available for TRANsient and AC Analysis
• This is a Pb−Free Device
• Low Power ac−dc Adapters for Chargers
• Auxiliary Power Supplies (USB, Appliances, TVs, etc.)
|RDS(on) − Ip||230 Vac||100 − 250 Vac|
|11 − 450 mA DSS||14 W||6.0 W|
|11 − 450 mA Auxiliary Winding||19 W||8.0 W|
Introduction The NCP1015 offers a complete current−mode control solution (actually an enhanced NCP1200 controller section) together with a high−voltage power MOSFET in a monolithic structure. The component integrates everything needed to build a rugged and low−cost Switch−Mode Power Supply (SMPS) featuring low standby power. The quick selection table details the differences in operating frequency